Tee Off for Science Education
Join MassBio for our annual Golf Classic to support the Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd). Join us for a round of golf, food, drinks, networking and fun — all for an excellent cause!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, September 11, 2015 Rain or Shine!
The Pinehills Golf Club, Plymouth, MA
|8:00 - 8:45 AM||Registration, Continental Breakfast & Networking|
|8:55 AM||Shotgun Start - Scramble Format|
|2:30 PM||Networking Cocktail Reception, Auction, Raffles, and Awards|
MassBio is pleased to announce that we will host our 21st Annual Golf Classic to benefit the MassBioEd Foundation on September 11, 2015 at the prestigious Pinehills Golf Club in Plymouth, MA.
Funds raised through this charity event support MassBioEd; a thought leader, advocate, and invaluable resource for preparing the future life sciences workforce of Massachusetts.
MassBioEd needs your support. The funds raised at this event will support MassBioEd's continued collaboration with the life sciences industry to cultivate a generation of innovators that will be prepared to address the health and scientific challenges of our time and of the future. MassBioEd is poised to deliver best-in-class science education through its unique relationship with MassBio and its more than 650 member companies.
In 2015, through the generous support of its corporate partners, MassBioEd:
- Granted $120,000 in lab equipment to 10 Massachusetts public high schools
- Delivered 11 professional development workshops (50 hours) of biotechnology lab-based curriculum to 150 teachers from 76 MA public schools
- Provided 30 days of in-class mentoring for teachers
- Hosted 3 Biotech Futures events for 390 students from 14 public high schools at local universities
- Paired 13 schools and 258 students with biotech companies for Career Exploration Days
- Hosted 450 postdocs at 7 Futures in Life Sciences events and hosted 92 postdocs at 4 local biotech companies for industry exploration events
- Conducted 18 executive professional development courses for 268 employees from 113 life sciences companies
Fee includes 18 holes of golf, shared golf cart, continental breakfast, box lunch, cocktail reception, and sponsor gifts.
Twosome, threesome and foursome fees are based on MassBio member and non-Member status of the person who is registering. If the person registering is a MassBio member then each person in the group will be charged the MassBio Member fee. If the person registering is not a MassBio member, then each person in the group will be charged the Non-Member fee.
|MassBio Members||$350 per person|
|Non-Members||$475 per person|
|MassBio Member Twosomes||$700 per twosome|
|Non-Member Twosomes||$950 per twosome|
|MassBio Member Threesomes||$1050 per threesome|
|Non-Member Threesomes||$1425 per threesome|
|NEW! MassBio New Member Foursomes (joined since September 2014)||$1200 per foursome|
|MassBio Member Foursomes||$1400 per foursome|
|Non-Member Foursomes||$1900 per foursome|
Pre-purchase your Golf Passport now. The $50 Passport includes
20 Raffle Tickets, 1 Mulligan, and 1 Hole-in-One Entry, a $70 value
for $50. Buy one for each golfer now and save time the morning
of the tournament!
Note: Purchase of the Passport is not a charitable contribution and cannot be tax deductible.
Pinehills Golf Club
54 Clubhouse Drive
Plymouth, MA 02360
Register early to ensure your spot on the course!